soc-op

semi-qualified opinions on society, media and politics. Mostly from Norway, as that's where I live.

recent Deviant Art additions:



Friday, February 10, 2006

Time

I always thought that time was constant. 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour etc. But that was before I started working...

In the morning, a minute is more like 15 seconds, and an hour goes by in 20 minutes. Showering, brekkie and tooth-brushing takes twice as long as they do other times of the day, and walking the three meters from my front-door to my car, getting in and starting the engine eats another 5 minutes... I've been struggling with this for eight months now, and I can't seem to figure out where the lost minutes are hiding. I've tried using alarm clocks for each part of the morning ritual, having my mum over to shake me from station to station, eating in the shower, showering in the kitchen. But still my precious minutes are lost. oh, well, my boss doesn't care that I'm late, and at least I'm living proof that the theory of relativity is valid.